Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Yes, I'm THAT Girl

You know that one friend you have who is constantly on the computer updating Instagram and pinning on Pinterest?

I'll admit it. I'm that girl. Pinterest has been my life lately. I probably have 50+ boards, half of them secret and dedicated to my dream engagement ring, my dream wedding, and my dream children. Recently though, I've decided to focus my Pinterest perusing the fitness and healthy lifestyle pins to try and keep myself motivated. I do have a habit of getting bored or attending one-too-many night out birthday dinners and then falling off the bandwagon, so this is my way of ensuring that doesn't happen again.

I tried started a plank challenge a few days ago but I could barely hold myself up for 5 seconds, let alone the targeted 20. It was really discouraging and the next few days were spent with aching stomach muscles. I've since realized that maybe I was being a little too ambitious. I have always had a weak core and weak upper body so I figured it was unfair to myself to compare my fitness to how long I can hold a plank. I've decided to start small, with exercising at least, seeing as how incredibly busy I am currently with school. Our second Clinical rotation begins next Monday and I'll be doing that for 8 hours a day, three days a week until the middle of April. Between Clinical three days a week, seven classes stuffed into Thursday and Friday, and all my other assignments and studying I'll have to do, I don't see much time for myself to work out and still have a social life. So I've decided to start with walking. I set up a route around my neighbourhood and attempted it today. It ended up being 3/4 of a mile and took my about 11 minutes to complete.

I'm going to try and update this blog at least 1-2 times a week (hopefully more) with any weight/exercise updates or things that I try that end up working for me.

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment