Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Gotta Start Somewhere

I am currently a nursing student in the PN program. I'm starting this blog in the hopes of documenting my time as a student nurse and also to maintain a record of my weight loss journey.

First day of semester 1 clinical!
14/10/2015

I decided about two weeks ago that I needed to make a change in my life. I wanted to begin my weight loss journey because I really wasn't satisfied with the way I look and the way I eat. I've tried losing weight before but I never really got into it like I have recently. I am currently in my second semester of nursing and it hit me how ironic it is for me to be promoting health and healing when I'm not in a healthy place myself. So I decided to change that!

I've been feeling so motivated lately and I think it's been the different way I'm approaching losing weight this time which is completely opposite from ways I've tried before. I wanted a place to post my motivations, tips, pictures, and progress notes to help keep me motivated and accountable to myself (a problem I've had before).

Since beginning my lifestyle change (eating healthier so far, and drinking tons of water), I have lost over 7lbs in two weeks. And this was through two weeks of midterms!

I'm going to update as much as I can between classes, homework, and studying, with progress notes or any time I just feel like I need to express myself. Here I go!

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment