Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Day 2 on Rabbit Food

Yesterday started as a good day. I got up super early (8am... which is early for me unless I have class) mostly because I couldn't sleep after my boyfriend left for work, but also because I decided that I wanted to go for a walk (I talked about this is my post yesterday). While I felt super accomplished after getting back home, I was freezing cold. It is still technically winter where I live and I do not enjoy the cold or the wind (which is what my city is famous for...figures). Anyway, while on Pinterest (yes, I know...) I stumbled upon a post talking about the Rabbit Food Pyramid. If you've never heard of it, you can find it here. I've always been a little skeptical about food pyramids as they're not usually very thorough and I've heard lots of research that doesn't support the use of food pyramids/guides.


When I was little, we had a copy of this exact Canada Food Guide on our fridge. I grew up on a limited income so it was very rare for me to ever get all four food groups at any given meal (I was also a little brat who hated any kind of vegetable except for carrots which the rest of my family was always sick of).

So anyway, I've seen the Rabbit Food Pyramid on Pinterest before but I never actually looked at it because of these reasons. For some reason though, yesterday I decided to click on the blog and read about it. And I was actually pretty mad at myself after. It seems so simple and easy and I'm kind of mad that I never took the time to look at it before. And for once, it all seems like food that I will actually eat! After reading about it and making my own printouts to put in my binder of the portion sizes and different kinds of food that it talks about, I went straight to the grocery store to get started. I bought all my food and then another good thing happened. I ended up having over 50,000 PC points, so I got $50 off all my groceries! As a broke, 'starving' college student, it just about made me cry.

Yesterday went well. I stuck to all the servings for each meal and all the proper portion sizes and I was actually really impressed that I felt full all day! The only thing I do different is that I split my snack portion into two. So instead of having all that's portioned for my snack at once, I split it between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and supper. I made it to day 2! Which is somewhat of an accomplishment for me, as I'm really bad for getting sidetracked or getting super hungry and then just eating whatever I feel like (I haven't been doing that since I began trying to lose weight, but I feel like this is really going to help me).

Today I felt like I had so much energy too! I woke up early again, by myself (HUGE accomplishment), and actually ate breakfast! I'm not going to lie, I hated the plain Greek yogurt, but I still ate it and have now resolved to find the healthiest NONplain Greek yogurt out there. And then, I brought out my guitar from the back recesses of closet where it's been forced to reside since I convinced myself that I cannot play guitar. Well guess what guitar, I have resolved to learn to play you again! I was surprised with how much I've actually retained about playing since my guitar probably hasn't left my closet in 2 years. And I don't think I'm as bad as I convinced myself I was! I still can't play any songs, but I've resolved to practice my fingerings and dexterity exercises until I can at least play 'Happy Birthday' or something. That'll be another goal of mine. Along with losing weight, I want to be able to play my boyfriend 'Happy Birthday' on his birthday which isn't until November, so I should have lots of time.

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment