Monday, 29 February 2016

Clinical & Chinese Food

So, I started my second Clinical today and let me just say: holy crap. I am going to be so incredibly busy for the next 6 weeks that I'm dreading it. It doesn't help that I was placed in a tiny town half an hour outside of my city and I am a terribly nervous highway driver.

Another thing my clinical is complicating is how well I'll be able to stick to my healthy food habits. I'm never organized enough to plan my lunch the night before and have it all prepped and ready to go. And since my commute is a half an hour away, I refuse to get up any earlier than I absolutely have to (and that usually includes skipping out on a packed lunch). For reference, it takes me usually 5 minutes to wake up; 15 minutes to do hair and makeup (Clinical style AKA barely presentable); 5 minutes to get dressed; and I give myself 5 minutes to grab my backpack and fill my water bottle. All in all, a half hour. Plus my commute time and a 5 minute variable cushion, I set my alarm for 5:55 to be at Clinical by 7.

Sleep is precious to me.

Other than today though, I've been doing fairly good. I'm on Day 8 and I had my first cheat meal. My Clinical instructor ended up running out and grabbing us donuts and then my friend (who grew up in the town) wanted to go for Chinese food. If there's one thing I can't say no to, it's Chinese food (or potatoes for that matter).

There was a time when my boyfriend would pack my lunch for me... ah, the good ol' days. Although I think my motivation is getting to him. He's slowly been restricting his portions and we've stopped going out for supper nearly as much.

Hopefully the packed lunches are soon to follow. ;D

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment